Mazanti Transactions has one of the most experienced venture teams in Denmark with five partners, which mainly or exclusively are engaged within venture and seed capital in all industries, including in particular IT, tech and life science.
Mazanti Transactions assists venture companies, founders, business angels, venture funds and other investors in connection with funding rounds, incentive programs, ongoing advice and exits in the form of trade sales or Initial Public Offerings (IPOs). We also advise start-ups and have in this regard had the pleasure of establishing and following four start-up companies, which we subsequently assisted in connection with an Initial Public Offering (IPO).
Mazanti Transactions´ advises within venture capital includes among others the following
• Advice to founders in connection with establishing start-ups
• Ongoing advice to founders and venture companies
• Advice to founders in connection with financing rounds, either in the form of equity investments, convertible debentures, SAFE notes, etc., both in pre-seed / seed rounds, A and B rounds and later rounds.
• Advice to business angels, venture funds and other investors in connection with venture and seed investments in companies
• Exits in the form of IPOs (stock listings) or sales / private placement
Mazanti Transactions understands the market and its comprehensive terms, and know what these transactions require. Our team has extensive experience within
• Incentive programs (warrants, options, phantom models, etc.)
• Shareholders´ Agreements and Investment Agreements, etc.
• Term sheets and investment documents
• Special clauses, including preferential rights, anti-dilution provisions, key man clauses, exit provisions and governance structures
Our team is led by Lars Lüthjohan Jensen, who for a number of years has assisted Danish and foreign venture companies and investors, primarily in IT and life science. Lars has more than 20 years of experience in venture capital investments and he has assisted in the listing of several venture companies, either on Danish or foreign exchanges. Lars has assisted in raising more than DKK 10 billion within life science.
Mazanti Transactions is recommended in the 2023 edition of the international rating publication Legal 500. Clients state that:
"Mazanti is the most specialised law firm in the Nordics on venture capital. They are extremely dynamic and agile, adjusting their services to meet the venture industry’s challenges, potentially aiming to be a full-scale service provider for clients in this industry."
Legal 500, 2023
"Mazanti is our go-to legal powerhouse in all matters pertaining to running our venture funds, be it fund establishment, fund management, employee and partner agreements, deal flow and portfolio work, or compliance and reporting towards financial authorities."
Legal 500, 2023
"The team is put together with thorough consideration of the task at hand. If there are specific challenges outside the immediate team’s area of expertise, relevant associates or partners are brought in to advise on these specific tasks.’"
Legal 500, 2023