Tougher enforcement of competition rules in recent times has confirmed the importance of competition law in the day-to-day activities of businesses. With cartel cases sanctioned by unprecedented fines and merger control rules expanding into increasingly concentrated markets, it is obvious that competition law must now play a fundamental role in corporate decisions – particularly in relation to mergers and acquisitions.
At Mazanti-Andersen, we provide assistance at all levels in respect of Danish and European Community competition law.
Our area of expertise includes:
- Administrative procedures and representation towards the Danish competition authorities, the Danish courts and the EU Court
- Cartels issues, including notifications with the Danish Competition and Consumer Authority
- Competition compliance programs
- Dawn raids, including preparation of dawn raid manuals and procedures, handling of dawn raids and notifications with the Danish Competition and Consumer Authority
- Financial services
- Horizontal agreements, including joint ventures and cooperation agreements
- Issues in respect of abuse of dominant position, including rebates, bonuses, grants, discrimination and refusal to supply
- Merger control, including notification, negotiation and approval notification with the Danish Competition and Consumer Authority
- Vertical agreements, including supplier, agent, distributor